The note [eprint.iacr.org
] has been updated to reflect the changes in Report 2008/128.
- after taking into account the behavior of the ABSG in the right manner, the authors claim 2^79.90 time complexity,
- the same problems remain in essence:
* the complexity of the algorithm is at least 2^79.90 multiplied by (768 rounds + some keystream generation + more keystream generation in the case of phase-shifted keys),
* despite the comments above, the revised version of Report 2008/128 does not detail the algorithm more than the previous version; this prevents computing the real complexity of the algorithm to verify the claim precisely,
- all the comments and conclusions from the previous version of the note on phase-shifting-based attacks remain valid; the update encompasses only the description of Report 2008/128, which has been modified to take the revision into account.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17-Apr-2008 08:01 by Tib.