2011 Reports :  Cryptology ePrint Archive Forum
Discussion forum for Cryptology ePrint Archive reports posted in 2011. Please put the report number in the subject. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
[2011/063] Does anyone feel the notations in this paper are very difficult to follow?
Posted by: raullen (IP Logged)
Date: 03 March 2011 17:58

I guess the idea is using codes for the wiretap channel iteratively. But I cannot follow the paper as the notations are not intuitive at all. Does any one have the same feeling?
Could someone explain this work more precisely?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03-Mar-2011 18:00 by raullen.

Re: [2011/063] Does anyone feel the notations in this paper are very difficult to follow?
Posted by: hadimc (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March 2011 01:05

Hi

I am one of the authors of the paper. I assume you are clear about the problem(s) that the paper tries to tackle. I agree that the proof details are written technically and may seek for information-theoretic security background; however, the main body is supposed to be clean and intuitive. You may want to specify which parts of paper you have concerns about, so I can help with better understanding of them.

Regards,
Hadi Ahmadi

Re: [2011/063] Does anyone feel the notations in this paper are very difficult to follow?
Posted by: michel2tiffin (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September 2011 02:14

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this information. I think you’re very interested about codes for the wiretap channel.

Subramanian, A.; Suresh, A.T.; Raj, S.; Thangaraj, A.; Bloch, M.; McLaughlin, S.;
Sch. of Electr. & Comput. Eng., Georgia Inst. of Technol., Atlanta, GA, USA

This paper appears in: Turbo Codes and Iterative Information Processing (ISTC), 2010 6th International Symposium on
Issue Date: 6-10 Sept. 2010
On page(s): 30 - 34
E-ISBN: 978-1-4244-6745-7
Print ISBN: 978-1-4244-6744-0
References Cited: 14
INSPEC Accession Number: 11616887
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ISTC.2010.5613867
Date of Current Version: 28 October 2010

Abstract:

In the wiretap channel model, symbols transmitted through a main channel to a legitimate receiver are observed by an eavesdropper across a wiretapper's channel. The goal of coding for wiretap channels is to facilitate error-free decoding across the main channel, while ensuring zero information transfer across the wiretapper's channel. Strong secrecy requires the total information transfer to the eavesdropper to tend to zero, while weak secrecy requires the per-symbol information transfer to go to zero. In this paper, we will consider coding methods for binary wiretap channels with a noiseless main channel and a BEC or a BSC wiretapper's channel. We will provide conditions and codes that achieve strong and weak secrecy for the BEC case. For the BSC case, we will discuss some existing coding methods and develop additional criteria for secrecy.

Thanks again,
Michel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11-Sep-2011 17:05 by Orr.

Please log in for posting a message. Only registered users may post in this forum.